coming in Fall 2017
coming in Fall 2017
Just as the year started, we talked about making a resolve for 2017. Resolve as we apply it for the New Year or any time is: 1) to decide or determine firmly; and 2) to make up the mind. The opposite of having resolve may best be described as one who is double minded, in a manner of speaking one who cannot to decide to act one way.
In the Old Testament, we see in Psalm 119:13 the psalmist expressing his relationship with God’s word in this way, “I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.” There is nothing more enduring than the Word of God. The Word will do what it has been set out to accomplish (Isaiah 55:11). Which brings us to the next question, what will you…will we, invest ourselves in this 2017? The two listed definitions that best applies invest as it pertains to our relationship with the Word of God are as follows: 1) to devote; and 2) to lay out with expectation of profit.
We, the collective body of Christ at “My Father’s House” resolve to continue to be invested in 2017 and beyond, into the work God has called us, to “devote” ourselves in the teaching of His Word for the equipping of the saints, for the “profit” of all.
2016 was memorable in many ways…
– In May, the Philippines, elected Rodrigo Duterte as its new President; while the United States recently inaugurated its 45th president in Donald Trump. Though located miles and culturally apart, they are connected to each other more than both men will ever acknowledge. They both have love for their respective countries, each ran on unconventional platforms that many traditionalists frowned upon, and yet the majority of the people voted for them…pray for these two men.
– I underwent a CABG and mitral valve repair, in the common lingo, a quadruple bypass open heart surgery (can it be done any other way, than opening up my chest?). A reminder, I am no longer my own…1Corinthians 6:9
– There are many more events: terrorism continues, government corruption, media bias, attacks on law enforcement, celebrities pretending to know the plight of the common man, and so on…I note only these events only because they were personal to me.
Before leaving California, this question came up several times, “How do you feel about returning to the field? (The mission field)” Interestingly, I could not offer an immediate answer that was genuine. All I know is my wife and I draw our strength from the Lord. It isn’t a matter of how I feel but will I obey and follow our Lord.
What does 2017 hold for the Bible Center?
– We are anticipating five/six students to join us in Tagaytay
– “Off-Site” teachings are being prepared by the Lord, which may include these locations, Quezon City, Santa Rosa, Montalban, even in Dasmariñas and Magallanes in Cavite.
– The Lord’s ministry at BJMP continue as the faithful resolve to be invested in HIS work. (Matthew 25:36)
The two words we have examined today, resolve and invest, are qualities we see Jesus Christ practiced when He first came, qualities He exhibited to His disciples…He had resolve, (Matthew 16:21, John 4:4, wherein He was determined to accomplish to reach as many people with His word); and He invested His life teaching the disciples, Matthew 28:20; Mark 4:2, Luke 13:10, John 7:17…
It is only fitting for us to follow His lead…being always ready to go, just as Isaiah said, “Here am I, send me (us).”
Cheers and God bless you.