Bible classes at “My Father’s House” begins October 10, 2018.
Complete form to receive enrollment information:
“Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but He is (has) risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee,”
Luke 24:5b, 6
This is a reminder to keep our eyes, ears, and hearts on Jesus Christ. In this gospel account, the Lord’s disciples are reminded to exercise those senses (eyes=Why do you seek…?; ears/memory=Remember how He spoke to you while He was still-with you-in Galilee…) In the encounter with the angel the attention is directed at the source of all things, not ourselves, not the work, but on the Words of Jesus Christ, what He said and continues to say.
The Lord reminds me that I ought to look expectantly for Him to hear His voice in the ministry. Now that Nenita and I have moved to Santa Rosa, I stand guard; station myself where I ought; and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me…”(Habakkuk 2:1-3).
Looking back, my hubris gets the better of me in specific situations; and when it does, I view such instances with a sense of finality. I mumble and say to myself, “Oh no, what have I done?” But the Holy Spirit is quick to remind me that nothing can separate me from His love; and that with God, all things are possible. The words of Jesus always comes at a time I need His assurance, “Let not your heart be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house…” In my mind the Spring semester was in full view, but by His grace, it has been pushed to be a Summer semester for His purpose. He knows best!
The Lord has brought us thus far in the first quarter of 2018:
1) MFHBC continues with “Off-Site” classes, a.k.a. “W.o.W – Word on Wheels” beginning in April out of Santa Rosa, Laguna. Because of the move and requests from two churches, classes have been rescheduled to start on the third week of April 2018, which is summer(in the Philippines).
2) MFHBC over the last six years, continue to establish relationships with existing fellowships, rekindling old friendships not just in Calabarzon(southern Luzon) but to include northern Luzon for the “…equipping of the saints, for the work of the ministry.” We continue to follow His directive that more may know Christ and make Him known.
3) During this recent “spring” break, we were blessed to visit new places. As we did, we got to pray up the people we encountered. For the most part, the Gospel needed to be proclaimed; and equally important is the need for the Word of God taught at the small independent churches.
The move to Santa Rosa was explained in a previous newsletter, and is so ordained because the move allows us easier access to the “highways and byways” for the work we have been called to(this includes you…we’re in this together).
The urgency is a reality until the Lord returns. You may remember this phrase, “Go and tell, or they will go to hell” by Nenita, so yes, the work we are called to is urgent. The call is to reach the most number of teachable saints for the work of the ministry. The upcoming 2018 semester is out of the norm and is slated to begin with two churches, Kingdom Ministries in Silang, Cavite – down south; and Rock of Refuge at New Manila, Quezon City – at the center. Keep in prayer as the Lord wills, for a class to start with a local church in the Santa Rosa area.
As part of our preparation for the coming semester, we went on a retreat (step back), to seek His face and scout the landscape beyond CaLaBaRzon. Last June 2017, we visited Mariveles, Bataan (west of Manila) for a wedding, then to Baguio (north) to celebrate our 25th anniversary, these cities mentioned are far from Santa Rosa and Tagaytay, way north.
This 2018, we attended another wedding up in Baguio. It was a ceremony that had all the elements of what a wedding ought to look like, restoration, forgiveness, reconciliation, and redemption. What a beautiful wedding, through it, God is glorified!
The grooms parents are Nenita’s friends from way back. They invited us for a road trip to a city in Ilocos Sur, named Vigan. It was a four and a half hour drive northwest of Baguio. It was cool to see this part of the country and spend time with friends…”are we there yet?”
Before the Vigan road trip, we made new friends in Baguio, the parents of one of Nenita’s doctors. Meet Buddy and Marie Jose, and Buddy’s sister Tess. It was a pleasant and fun-filled first meeting over lunch, Baguio style: deep fried bangus (milkfish), tilapia two ways (fried, and stewed in mustard leaves and tamarind), duck cooked in coconut milk…Yummm. Introductions through stories were exchanged, it was like we’d known each other a long time and were simply catching up by giving updates about our lives.
In addition to visiting the countryside and making new friends, we got to spend time with the saints of Calvary Chapel Fellowship of Baguio. The family of God is awesomely large that wherever you turn, if you remain alert, you will meet brothers and sisters in the Lord you otherwise might have ignored.
Do keep us both in your prayers to the Lord of the harvest, which indeed is plentiful, laborers are few. Let us press on together in the power of His might. Again, from Nenita and I, thank you for your faithful participation to His work through us. Praise God indeed!!! We love you.
Genesis (Greek for ‘Beginning‘) called Bereshith in Hebrew, meaning “In the Beginning”, the key to the entire Bible. The Book of Beginnings shows the origin of Creation, Man, Sin, Sacrifice, Worship, Languages, Races and Nations of the world and Redemption.
The Heart of God is to have continuous fellowship with His creation. When fellowship with man was broken because of sin, He demonstrates His love by revealing His plan to maintain continuous fellowship with Him-by the origin of sacrifice and offering. Genesis reveals the creation of the earth for the exclusive purpose of man’s existence, and revelation of His nature, “the Heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork.” Psalm 19:1
1 and 2 Samuel (Life of David)
David holds the unique title in scripture, wherein God said,”I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.” Acts 13:22 He was a shepherd, a type of Christ, a prophet, a warrior, a musician, a hymn writer, a notorious sinner, a lousy father, and yet one of the greatest leaders in the history of Israel.
In this class we want to take an in-depth look at this man with this unique title and learn what we can discover about God, about leadership, and about what it means for us to be a man or woman after God’s own heart. This will be an interactive class, combining lecture with spirited class discussion.
1 and 2 Kings
In this chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse study of the books of I and II Kings, you shall have an understanding of the main theme of the books and develop a working knowledge and application of the main character studies of some of the kings and prophets of Israel More importantly to see God work in and through people of the two divided kingdoms, Israel (Samaria) in the North, and Judah in the South.
This class is a verse by verse study of the book 1Corinthians. This letter addresses the problems that plagued the Corinthian church and are still of great concern to the Church today: division, marital conflicts, sexual immorality, Christian liberty, spiritual gifts, money, and offended believers.
This class is a verse-by-verse study of the book of Romans, a book long regarded as the most systematic presentation of doctrine in the Bible. Students will look carefully at how the saving life of Christ, through the work of the Holy Spirit, can transform lives.
By the end of the course, students should be familiar with Paul’s Romans epistle and how it fits in with his other writings, especially Galatians. You should also have a greater understanding of such glorious truths as God’s sovereignty, the work of the Holy Spirit in matters of salvation, sanctification, pre-destination, justification, free will, grace and the law. The greatest goal, however, is for Jesus Christ to become more central in of your life.
Through this verse by verse study of Revelation, we’ll explore the meaning of the Bible’s final book. We will discover great encouragement and hope as we see God’s plan for the world unfold today. Some of the topics we’ll investigate include the Rapture of the Church, the Tribulation and Great Tribulation, Armageddon, Christ’s Return, Millennium, and the Eternal State.
Inductive Bible Study
The way we read and understand the Bible affects the way we live. Since we make decisions based on how we understand the Bible, it is important that we read the Bible in a way that lead us to the right conclusions about God, ourselves, and the world we live in. In this course, you get to learn how to study the Bible for yourself, to learn to biblically interpret and apply the Bible soundly through a variety of Bible study methods that will prove relevant in the very fast-paced culture of today.
“And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord,
in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God.
And they shall dwell secure,
for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth.”
In our theme verse, 1Peter 3:15, 16, the students of MFHBC learned and dug for gold nuggets of truth what it means to “sanctify” or “honor” Christ the Lord as holy. Looking back on our rear view mirror, it is as important as keeping our eyes ahead to 2018.
The goal that every man/woman be presented complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28) Here at “My Father’s House“, God continues to do the work He promised we (that includes you)get to be a part of. The fall of 2017 saw us planted in the heart of the city of Silang, about 10 kilometers away from Tagaytay, we came alongside Kingdom Ministries to pass on how to mine God’s truth to group leaders.
When classes began on September 5, the room was filled to capacity. The excitement of something new proved too much to resist for these men and women. They flocked to this “old” new thing, studying the Word of God as He intended for all. The sense of joyous expectancy were with these students, coming to learn NT Greek, Inductive Bible Study, Theology, and the Gospel of Luke. They shot off from the gates like a rocket…and then…the truth of the parable of the Sower soon was manifest over the coming weeks, beginning in mid October leading to December. Keep praying with us for these (Jude 20-24).
Glory and praise belongs to the Lord in all that has been accomplished in Fall 2017. The prayer of the Lord in you are being realized in this area of ministry here with us in the Philippines, such as:
1. The Lord opening the offsite teaching ministration at Kingdom Ministries in Silang.
2. The continuing partnership with the Rock of Refuge Christian Church testifies to the unique relationship that exist amongst God’s children without focusing on the “brand.” They are co-workers to the BJMP inmates in Biñan, Laguna, and together we all have been blessed by many fruits of salvation.
3. Then there is the women’s Bible fellowship, Joyful Ruthies faithfully come together. Praise God for all that He has done, is doing, and will continue to do.
Towards the start of December, Pastor Ren Sabio, one whom God has used in our lives, visited us along with his niece and parents,”Pops” and Mom. Every year since we’ve been here, God is faithful to press us forward through visits from the church, His body, through folks like you, and this year the Sabios.
Not only that, MFHBC hosted aspiring film maker Melissa, her cast Janine, Jude, TJ and Kevin for the weekend before Christmas. The Indie film titled “Enough” in English will be entered in 2018’s Cine Malaya Film Festival at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
* For the next place of God for us. Pray with us for the right place in wisdom, that His will be done on the where and when, that the how be manifest by Him (Hebrews 11:10).
* For the coming Off Site Spring 2018 semester; for current and future students to be wholehearted and steadfast in their trust and dependence upon Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. Pray for churches to be single minded towards Christ, that we all come united in His Body being the Bride until He returns. Jude 20-24
* Pray For the BJMP prison ministry; for the inmates and the officers who are hearing the Gospel, to be transformed as they hear and believe and make confession with their mouth Christ Jesus in their lives. Romans 10:10
* Pray For our ministry partners, Rock of Refuge Christian Church(RRCC) and Kingdom Ministries of Silang (KMS), their pastors and leaders in training to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. 2Peter 3:17
* Pray For the Ladies of Joyful Ruthies Women’s Bible Study that by their model, other women(young and old) will know Christ in the teaching of His Word, and in their actions win many to Jesus. Titus 2:3,4
* Pray the Philippines be transformed by the Word of God. For us not to be weary in this field of dreams and to keep on being joyful in His strength as we continue to sow in the fallow grounds. Hosea 10:12
Coming this Fall 2017…beginning the last week of August 2017…
Inductive Bible Study
The purpose for this class is to teach and encourage students to study the Word of God by observing, interpreting, cross-referencing, and relevantly applying the message of Bible passages to their lives.
In Luke 11:28, Jesus says “…Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
Visit http://www.mfhbc.org and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go straight to…
Come and see…