Come and see…
“To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven…”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV
Is the daily grind (life) more than you can handle? Jesus says…
“Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
“And He said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
“…If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'”
The question is, what “season” are you in? We don’t pick and choose where we are born in, but the same statement given by God to two men in the Bible, we find to be true in our own lives, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you…I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5; and the salutation of Romans 1:1, “Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God…”
Both Jeremiah and Paul were called by God, just as you are called by God. He has revealed Himself to us in His written Word, the Bible; He has revealed Himself in creation; and more importantly, He has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ, “…He who has seen Me has seen the Father…”
Where do you find Jesus Christ? In the pages of the Bible, in Scripture! In a Messianic Psalm, in 40:7, the Lord through David says, “Then I said, “Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of Me“, in the King James it is rendered, “Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me…” A verse later repeated in Hebrews 10:7.
Whatever season you may be in, know that God is involved! He reminds us of this in Ecclesiastes 3. God knows all about us, what He desires is for us to know Him, not in the intellect, but as intimate as possible. That begins by knowing what His Word says, the Bible.
The people around us ought to know the truth of the Word of God not just by what is written, but in the life we live. If we believe God is revealed in Jesus Christ, is He glorified in the life we live? Do they see Christ in us? Do we preach Him not just in words, but actions as well? How? We…you begin by knowing Who it is you worship, know truly what the Bible says. Not a regurgitated response from someone else (priest, pastor, deacon, teacher etc…says), but the truth the Holy Spirit reveals, He is both Author and Revelator of the Bible. It begins with you making the time.
We should not pick and choose where and when we exhibit our Christianity, but as the Lord orchestrates…any time…any place…that is the moment. Paul reminded Timothy, and by extension…us, “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.” How can one “convince, rebuke, exhort, if you do not make the time to study God’s Word to communicate by word and deed God’s truth.
As my wife fervently reminds me about reading and studying the Bible, it’s not just a have to…it is something we get to. “The purpose of the Lord is His will for you.” (or vice versa) Let His life manifest in yours by studying the Word of God. Jesus promises, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
God says in Isaiah 55:11…”So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
“Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that He has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.”
I thank God for my wife for all the years that have been and the days yet to come…YES! We celebrate in our marriage God, Who for these twenty-five years by His grace…”for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer…”
I praise God for my wife, thank you dear Jujubee for always being obedient to God. All those years I thought I’d navigate life just fine on my own…”Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” Genesis 2:18
And He did through Nenita. His help arrived in my wife. Thank you dearest Jujubee!
In commemoration of our celebration, here are twenty-five (25) events often remembered on June 21:
1. 533 – A Byzantine expeditionary fleet under Belisarius sails from Constantinople to attack the Vandals in Africa, via Greece and Sicily.
2. 1547 Great fire in Moscow, 2-3,000 killed
3. 1607 1st Protestant Episcopal parish in America established, Jamestown
4. 1661 Treaty of Kardis: Russia & Sweden sign peace treaty
5. 1788 US Constitution comes into effect when New Hampshire is the 9th state to ratify it
6. 1834 Cyrus Hall McCormick received a patent for his reaping machine.
7. 1864 – American Civil War: The Battle of Jerusalem Plank Road begins.
8. 1898 – The United States captures Guam from Spain.
9. 1900 – Boxer Rebellion. China formally declares war on the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Japan, as an edict issued from the Empress Dowager Cixi.
10. 1905 – Philosopher, author and playwright Jean-Paul Sartre was born in Paris.
11. 1948 – Lord Mountbatten resigns as Governor General of India (formerly the last Viceroy)
12. Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, New York.
13. 1952 – The Philippine School of Commerce, through a republic act, is converted to Philippine College of Commerce, later to be the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
14. 1953 – Benazir Bhutto is born Pakistani financier and politician, 11th Prime Minister of Pakistan.
15. 1964 – Jim Bunning of the Philadelphia Phillies pitched a perfect game in a 6-0 victory over the New York Mets.
16. 1973 – The Supreme Court ruled that states may ban materials found to be obscene according to local standards.
17 1977 Menachem Begin became Israel’s sixth prime minister.
18. 1982 – John Hinckley Jr. was found innocent by reason of insanity in the shootings of President Ronald Reagan and three others.
19. 1989 – The Supreme Court ruled that burning the American flag as a form of political protest is protected by the First Amendment.
20. 1993 English mathematician Andrew Wiles proves last theorem of Fermat
21. Father’s Day (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Uganda, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, United States)
22. Go Skateboarding Day
23. International Yoga Day (international)
24. Day of the Martyrs in Togo
25. 1992 – Rizty & Nenita celebrate marriage!!!
“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.”
Praise the Lord!!!
Join the team in prayer…”Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.”
Colossians 1:28 NASB
Where Home is…the Heart!
penned on November 29, 2016 by Nenita
It is not easy to find a house which you can make your home.
“Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places (or mansions or rooms in other translations); if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.”
John 14:1,2 NASB
That is a great promise deserving of praise and one that has been a guiding principle in my life…and because of this promise, once upon a time in Menifee, a house became home to me and my family as I held on to Jesus Christ and His promise.
Fifteen years ago, people gave me a quizzical look each time I told them where our home was located. Where in the world is Menifee?!?
It was March of 2003, and our seventh move in ten years when the Lord finally blessed us with our first house purchase. How can I forget! It was my 49th birthday, the 10th of March, the day we moved into the house which became home for the next few years.
Many memories flood my mind, bringing warmth to my heart because of both joy and sorrow that intertwined to grow me in faith in His grace, to be obedient which allowed me to be just His little one.
I haven’t stopped growing. In the life of going I seem to be glowing more each day as I realize, that it is not by might nor by power, but by His Spirit alone, that Christ is manifested in me in these times of growth, most of which is accomplished through difficulties. The joy of the Lord in me daily is my strength.
Fast forward to 2016…another year of living His life… this time in the heat of this beautiful country endowed with many typhoons, the Philippines! The land of my natural birth.
I moved to California by God’s design and became a naturalized citizen of this great United States of America, a land I have learned to love and cherish now, more than ever. I am a citizen of two nations big and small, and coming into a unique time in history with two new presidents who practically share the same idea of making his country great again.
Here’s a glance at a recent headline from the Asian Journal about President Duterte…read on and see if it sounds familiar.
Asian Journal-Duterte news
Thursday, March 23, 2017
The Filipino Community Newspaper since 1991.
Palace chides NY Times report for ‘well-paid hack job’ report on Duterte…
“Stand beside her and guide her with the light that comes from above, God bless America my home sweet home.” I hum this same melody,…God bless the Philippines my home sweet home.
Then again, I have a third citizenship and it’s way far better than the first two. Heaven. This is my final destination and soon and very soon I am going to see the King of glory, Lord of Creation, Savior of the world, the Alpha, the Omega.
I look forward to my permanent home, a city whose Architect and Builder is God. I can’t wait to be in our Father’s House, He has prepared a room for me, for you…a place where there’s no need for the sun nor the moon because Jesus is it’s Light, where the streets are glassy gold and we’re in the company of all the saints sharing in our inheritance together.
For now I live in two countries, blessed with two freedoms to exercise certain alienable rights and be responsible for this privilege of possession. Yet the one freedom I can fully enjoy without limits is the freedom I have in Christ Jesus to exercise all my earthly rights, that is to limit my rights to myself that I may win some.
To Tagaytay and beyond…here, there and everywhere, my home sweet home is where Jesus is.