“But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine.”
Titus 2:1 NASB
This class is a chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse study of the book of Daniel. Known as the “Apocalyptic Book of the Old Testament,” Daniel holds the keys that unlock understanding of the book of Revelation, as the two partner each other.
Some of the main topics of the book are the sovereignty of God, the biblical accounts of secular historical events, the preservation of Israel while in exile, and detailed accounts of major prophetical events.
The Pastoral Epistles of 1&2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon are indispensable guides for contemporary ministry. In this course, each book is exposited in order to gain an understanding of the biblical material. Additionally, major themes from the books and practical application are discussed with the goal of better equipping the student for ministry.
New Testament Greek 1
This is designed to equip the student with the basic skills of reading and translating Biblical Greek at the beginning level. The emphasis is upon building vocabulary and learning the basics of biblical Greek grammar so that the student acquires the necessary skills to read and translate selected biblical texts. Students are introduced to the pronunciation, morphology, and syntax of biblical Greek.
Beginning with learning the basic building blocks of the language such as the alphabet, vowels, nouns, adjectives, articles, prepositions, pronouns, and verbs, etc. Through building vocabulary throughout the course and learning basic sentence syntax, the students begin to use their acquired skills in translating selected texts.
This class consist of a survey of the main doctrines of the Christian faith. Attention will be given to the topics that include: divine authority and revelation, the nature and theological role of the Bible, the existence and nature of God, the three Persons of the Trinity, angels, man, sin, salvation, church, and eschatology.
All relationships involve communication and our relationship with God is no different. To grow in that relationship we must spend time in His presence and there is no greater opportunity available to the believer than prayer. One cannot be equipped to do the work of God without a rich prayer life. This course takes a broad look at prayer using the Bible as the primary source of instruction.
This class is designed to instruct students in the foundational principles and practices of Bible interpretation, giving you a framework with which to view all of Scripture. The inductive method of Bible study will be taught with attention paid to the various features of a text that contribute to the interpretative process. A special emphasis will be given to the role of biblical inerrancy, inspiration, objective meaning, problems in Hermeneutics, and the nature of Scripture itself.
Teachers, pastors, and various speakers, share from Scripture and exhort the men coming alongside them in their Christian walk. Topics pertaining specifically to men and their role as Scripture indicates are discussed.
“…so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine…”
“And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord,
in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God.
And they shall dwell secure,
for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth.”
In our theme verse, 1Peter 3:15, 16, the students of MFHBC learned and dug for gold nuggets of truth what it means to “sanctify” or “honor” Christ the Lord as holy. Looking back on our rear view mirror, it is as important as keeping our eyes ahead to 2018.
The goal that every man/woman be presented complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28) Here at “My Father’s House“, God continues to do the work He promised we (that includes you)get to be a part of. The fall of 2017 saw us planted in the heart of the city of Silang, about 10 kilometers away from Tagaytay, we came alongside Kingdom Ministries to pass on how to mine God’s truth to group leaders.
When classes began on September 5, the room was filled to capacity. The excitement of something new proved too much to resist for these men and women. They flocked to this “old” new thing, studying the Word of God as He intended for all. The sense of joyous expectancy were with these students, coming to learn NT Greek, Inductive Bible Study, Theology, and the Gospel of Luke. They shot off from the gates like a rocket…and then…the truth of the parable of the Sower soon was manifest over the coming weeks, beginning in mid October leading to December. Keep praying with us for these (Jude 20-24).
Glory and praise belongs to the Lord in all that has been accomplished in Fall 2017. The prayer of the Lord in you are being realized in this area of ministry here with us in the Philippines, such as:
1. The Lord opening the offsite teaching ministration at Kingdom Ministries in Silang.
2. The continuing partnership with the Rock of Refuge Christian Church testifies to the unique relationship that exist amongst God’s children without focusing on the “brand.” They are co-workers to the BJMP inmates in Biñan, Laguna, and together we all have been blessed by many fruits of salvation.
3. Then there is the women’s Bible fellowship, Joyful Ruthies faithfully come together. Praise God for all that He has done, is doing, and will continue to do.
Towards the start of December, Pastor Ren Sabio, one whom God has used in our lives, visited us along with his niece and parents,”Pops” and Mom. Every year since we’ve been here, God is faithful to press us forward through visits from the church, His body, through folks like you, and this year the Sabios.
Not only that, MFHBC hosted aspiring film maker Melissa, her cast Janine, Jude, TJ and Kevin for the weekend before Christmas. The Indie film titled “Enough” in English will be entered in 2018’s Cine Malaya Film Festival at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
* For the next place of God for us. Pray with us for the right place in wisdom, that His will be done on the where and when, that the how be manifest by Him (Hebrews 11:10).
* For the coming Off Site Spring 2018 semester; for current and future students to be wholehearted and steadfast in their trust and dependence upon Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. Pray for churches to be single minded towards Christ, that we all come united in His Body being the Bride until He returns. Jude 20-24
* Pray For the BJMP prison ministry; for the inmates and the officers who are hearing the Gospel, to be transformed as they hear and believe and make confession with their mouth Christ Jesus in their lives. Romans 10:10
* Pray For our ministry partners, Rock of Refuge Christian Church(RRCC) and Kingdom Ministries of Silang (KMS), their pastors and leaders in training to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. 2Peter 3:17
* Pray For the Ladies of Joyful Ruthies Women’s Bible Study that by their model, other women(young and old) will know Christ in the teaching of His Word, and in their actions win many to Jesus. Titus 2:3,4
* Pray the Philippines be transformed by the Word of God. For us not to be weary in this field of dreams and to keep on being joyful in His strength as we continue to sow in the fallow grounds. Hosea 10:12
Coming this Fall 2017…beginning August 29…
A general overview of New Testament Greek grammar and syntax…we begin translating from Greek to English…learning grammar, syntax, exegesis, and diagramming…little memorization required in this class…we use tools like Greek-English interlinears and analytical lexicons…let the Spirit speak to your hearts plainly; “…The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father.” John 16:25
English translation above is John 3:16-17 ESV
In Isaiah 55:11, God says…”So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
Visit mfhbc.org and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or go straight to…