“And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord,
in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God.
And they shall dwell secure,
for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth.”
In our theme verse, 1Peter 3:15, 16, the students of MFHBC learned and dug for gold nuggets of truth what it means to “sanctify” or “honor” Christ the Lord as holy. Looking back on our rear view mirror, it is as important as keeping our eyes ahead to 2018.
The goal that every man/woman be presented complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28) Here at “My Father’s House“, God continues to do the work He promised we (that includes you)get to be a part of. The fall of 2017 saw us planted in the heart of the city of Silang, about 10 kilometers away from Tagaytay, we came alongside Kingdom Ministries to pass on how to mine God’s truth to group leaders.
When classes began on September 5, the room was filled to capacity. The excitement of something new proved too much to resist for these men and women. They flocked to this “old” new thing, studying the Word of God as He intended for all. The sense of joyous expectancy were with these students, coming to learn NT Greek, Inductive Bible Study, Theology, and the Gospel of Luke. They shot off from the gates like a rocket…and then…the truth of the parable of the Sower soon was manifest over the coming weeks, beginning in mid October leading to December. Keep praying with us for these (Jude 20-24).
Glory and praise belongs to the Lord in all that has been accomplished in Fall 2017. The prayer of the Lord in you are being realized in this area of ministry here with us in the Philippines, such as:
1. The Lord opening the offsite teaching ministration at Kingdom Ministries in Silang.
2. The continuing partnership with the Rock of Refuge Christian Church testifies to the unique relationship that exist amongst God’s children without focusing on the “brand.” They are co-workers to the BJMP inmates in Biñan, Laguna, and together we all have been blessed by many fruits of salvation.
3. Then there is the women’s Bible fellowship, Joyful Ruthies faithfully come together. Praise God for all that He has done, is doing, and will continue to do.
Towards the start of December, Pastor Ren Sabio, one whom God has used in our lives, visited us along with his niece and parents,”Pops” and Mom. Every year since we’ve been here, God is faithful to press us forward through visits from the church, His body, through folks like you, and this year the Sabios.
Not only that, MFHBC hosted aspiring film maker Melissa, her cast Janine, Jude, TJ and Kevin for the weekend before Christmas. The Indie film titled “Enough” in English will be entered in 2018’s Cine Malaya Film Festival at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.
* For the next place of God for us. Pray with us for the right place in wisdom, that His will be done on the where and when, that the how be manifest by Him (Hebrews 11:10).
* For the coming Off Site Spring 2018 semester; for current and future students to be wholehearted and steadfast in their trust and dependence upon Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of our faith. Pray for churches to be single minded towards Christ, that we all come united in His Body being the Bride until He returns. Jude 20-24
* Pray For the BJMP prison ministry; for the inmates and the officers who are hearing the Gospel, to be transformed as they hear and believe and make confession with their mouth Christ Jesus in their lives. Romans 10:10
* Pray For our ministry partners, Rock of Refuge Christian Church(RRCC) and Kingdom Ministries of Silang (KMS), their pastors and leaders in training to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. 2Peter 3:17
* Pray For the Ladies of Joyful Ruthies Women’s Bible Study that by their model, other women(young and old) will know Christ in the teaching of His Word, and in their actions win many to Jesus. Titus 2:3,4
* Pray the Philippines be transformed by the Word of God. For us not to be weary in this field of dreams and to keep on being joyful in His strength as we continue to sow in the fallow grounds. Hosea 10:12
“To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven…”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV
Is the daily grind (life) more than you can handle? Jesus says…
“Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
“And He said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
“…If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'”
The question is, what “season” are you in? We don’t pick and choose where we are born in, but the same statement given by God to two men in the Bible, we find to be true in our own lives, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you…I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5; and the salutation of Romans 1:1, “Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God…”
Both Jeremiah and Paul were called by God, just as you are called by God. He has revealed Himself to us in His written Word, the Bible; He has revealed Himself in creation; and more importantly, He has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ, “…He who has seen Me has seen the Father…”
Where do you find Jesus Christ? In the pages of the Bible, in Scripture! In a Messianic Psalm, in 40:7, the Lord through David says, “Then I said, “Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of Me“, in the King James it is rendered, “Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me…” A verse later repeated in Hebrews 10:7.
Whatever season you may be in, know that God is involved! He reminds us of this in Ecclesiastes 3. God knows all about us, what He desires is for us to know Him, not in the intellect, but as intimate as possible. That begins by knowing what His Word says, the Bible.
The people around us ought to know the truth of the Word of God not just by what is written, but in the life we live. If we believe God is revealed in Jesus Christ, is He glorified in the life we live? Do they see Christ in us? Do we preach Him not just in words, but actions as well? How? We…you begin by knowing Who it is you worship, know truly what the Bible says. Not a regurgitated response from someone else (priest, pastor, deacon, teacher etc…says), but the truth the Holy Spirit reveals, He is both Author and Revelator of the Bible. It begins with you making the time.
We should not pick and choose where and when we exhibit our Christianity, but as the Lord orchestrates…any time…any place…that is the moment. Paul reminded Timothy, and by extension…us, “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.” How can one “convince, rebuke, exhort, if you do not make the time to study God’s Word to communicate by word and deed God’s truth.
As my wife fervently reminds me about reading and studying the Bible, it’s not just a have to…it is something we get to. “The purpose of the Lord is His will for you.” (or vice versa) Let His life manifest in yours by studying the Word of God. Jesus promises, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
God says in Isaiah 55:11…”So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.”
“Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that He has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun.”
I thank God for my wife for all the years that have been and the days yet to come…YES! We celebrate in our marriage God, Who for these twenty-five years by His grace…”for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer…”
I praise God for my wife, thank you dear Jujubee for always being obedient to God. All those years I thought I’d navigate life just fine on my own…”Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” Genesis 2:18
And He did through Nenita. His help arrived in my wife. Thank you dearest Jujubee!
In commemoration of our celebration, here are twenty-five (25) events often remembered on June 21:
1. 533 – A Byzantine expeditionary fleet under Belisarius sails from Constantinople to attack the Vandals in Africa, via Greece and Sicily.
2. 1547 Great fire in Moscow, 2-3,000 killed
3. 1607 1st Protestant Episcopal parish in America established, Jamestown
4. 1661 Treaty of Kardis: Russia & Sweden sign peace treaty
5. 1788 US Constitution comes into effect when New Hampshire is the 9th state to ratify it
6. 1834 Cyrus Hall McCormick received a patent for his reaping machine.
7. 1864 – American Civil War: The Battle of Jerusalem Plank Road begins.
8. 1898 – The United States captures Guam from Spain.
9. 1900 – Boxer Rebellion. China formally declares war on the United States, Britain, Germany, France and Japan, as an edict issued from the Empress Dowager Cixi.
10. 1905 – Philosopher, author and playwright Jean-Paul Sartre was born in Paris.
11. 1948 – Lord Mountbatten resigns as Governor General of India (formerly the last Viceroy)
12. Columbia Records introduces the long-playing record album in a public demonstration at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York, New York.
13. 1952 – The Philippine School of Commerce, through a republic act, is converted to Philippine College of Commerce, later to be the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
14. 1953 – Benazir Bhutto is born Pakistani financier and politician, 11th Prime Minister of Pakistan.
15. 1964 – Jim Bunning of the Philadelphia Phillies pitched a perfect game in a 6-0 victory over the New York Mets.
16. 1973 – The Supreme Court ruled that states may ban materials found to be obscene according to local standards.
17 1977 Menachem Begin became Israel’s sixth prime minister.
18. 1982 – John Hinckley Jr. was found innocent by reason of insanity in the shootings of President Ronald Reagan and three others.
19. 1989 – The Supreme Court ruled that burning the American flag as a form of political protest is protected by the First Amendment.
20. 1993 English mathematician Andrew Wiles proves last theorem of Fermat
21. Father’s Day (Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Uganda, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, United States)
22. Go Skateboarding Day
23. International Yoga Day (international)
24. Day of the Martyrs in Togo
25. 1992 – Rizty & Nenita celebrate marriage!!!
“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.”
Praise the Lord!!!
“Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.”
1) To fix the mind on with a view to a careful examination
2) To look attentively; observe; examine
3) To have regard to; take into view or account; to respect
Praise the Lord for the semester that has been, a time of rejoicing and thanksgiving. Spring classes has just wrapped and it really is a time to “Consider the work of God…”
The Lord brought to the center this 2017 Spring semester: Marjorie, Cathy, and Ryand. Marj and Ryand join us for the first time, while Cathy has been with us consistently the past four years. Marj manages a small family business in the next town of Silang, she joins us with a heart to know the Word of God personally and deeply. Nenita is being again used by God to mentor this young woman. Ryand, on the other hand has been called by God via Negros Oriental, one of the islands in the central Visayan region. Cathy, a single mother of three, continues in her desire to be used by God in her Jerusalem.
Keep praying for these three whom God has sent that they “…grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” 2Peter 3:18
Doy and Jackson, our two brothers in the Lord who faithfully serve the inmates of BJMP in Biñan continue in their call to teach the word of God. They travel a long distance in obedience to the call God has put in their hearts, sort of like a Paul and Timothy, “Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them…” Hebrews 13:3. Praise the Lord for Armand and the whole brethren at the Rock of Refuge who comes along side us in the work of since my operation last year.
Speaking of last year…every newsletter/blog we get to publish is a herald of Praise and Thanksgiving to the Lord Jesus Christ for His work in us, for us, and through us, that includes you. Here is an excerpt from what God revealed of Himself to me a year ago, Praise Him indeed.
May 25, 2016
Philippine Heart Center, Quezon City
Last night was the straightest sleep I’ve had back here at the Philippine Heart Center since my re-admisssion last Thursday. After turning in at 9:00 pm, I took my ½ dose of diazepam, better known as valium, I woke up sometime between 10:30-10:45pm. My wife was sound asleep, so I tried to be relieved of the usual 2nd order of business of the day…no success. Once again almost by default, I found myself opening MUHH for the day. The Lord highlighted the coming day/s for me, beginning with… Matthew 6:25
“Jesus sums up common sense carefulness in a disciple as infidelity.(Oh boy)
Take no thought …”—don’t take the pressure of forethought upon yourself. It is not only wrong to worry, it is infidelity, because worrying means that we do not think that God can look after the practical details of our lives, and it is never anything else that worries us. I will not trust where I cannot see, that is where infidelity begins. The great word of Jesus to His disciples is abandon.”
After reading and ingesting these words, the main word amongst all those I listed, the Holy Spirit quietly whispers to me continually, “abandon.” What now? I turned the TV on for a half hour and watched tennis and only then did I fall asleep at 12:00am and awoke at 6:30am this morning.
It was not till I literally abandoned myself to the caring hands of my Lord and Savior and God, Jesus Christ did sleep find its way back to me since last Thursday. There have been concerns on my heart that included escalating costs and my sanity of being confined to bed for nearly 4 weeks now. But as He whispered, “abandon” to my whole being, it spoke volumes that brought a quiet calm, bringing rest and peace for the day.
Today He assures me in His word through Isaiah 30:15a “For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” That is what He has chosen for me today.
This is a moment by moment practice that needs a lot practicing for me, even in the little and mundane things. Where do I start?
Visitors for the day: Auntie Betty, Uncle Ruding, Errol, Cynthia, Lorenza, May, Neny, Mars, Beth, Dina
My CABG operation took place late on May 28, 2016…The hours passed for how long I do not know…The first voice I heard was an unfamiliar but respectful one. I wanted to respond andsay something…but could not…I wanted to open my eyes…but could not, I had to be abandoned to His care. The hope of seeing or hearing a familiar face did not come till later, my beautiful wife.
It truly has been a time to consider the work of God. Every page written in my life, I ought to be consider as His. Am I quick to receive what He reveals? Praise Jesus for His patience towards us. Yes, it has been more than a year since that stretch of abandon. I have to exercise daily what He has already put in, it is to be abandoned in His grace…one baby step at a time.
Thank You Lord for watching over me, for bringing a throng of Your people to come alongside my wife and I, thank You for our children, dearest family members and friends…Beloved, Keep remembering us in your prayers.
“Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.”